Current time: 27-08-2014, 07:50 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[-]
Please Read

The links to software on this site is for evaluation purposes only. You cannot sell or use this software for any financial gain, privately or commercially. We strongly suggest that if you like the software, buy it. This will ensure the companies provide a good quality sevice.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
No need to unlock Navman (S30 example)
17-04-2011, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 03:56 PM by corrsea.)
No need to unlock Navman (S30 example)
My friend had an old Navman S30 he wanted to install Igo on. It was actually a quite simple process.
First back up the contents of the flash disk to your computer in case anything goes wrong.
Find the folder called Program files in the flash disk.
Inside this is a folder called Navman which in turn contains another folder called SmartST_CE and an application called AppStartupSec.exe
Delete the contents of SmartST_CE and replace them with the contents of the Igo folder ie content. licence, data zip etc ( In my case I used Igo 8.3.2.79297) ie the Igo folder is now called SmartST_CE. (or you could simply rename the Igo folder to SmartST_CE)
Rename Igo.exe to SmartST_CE.exe
Delete all the rest of the Navman crap to free up space (You might want to do this first)
You should now have the following structure on the flash disk.
Program files / Navman / SmartST_CE (plus AppStartupSec.exe) / (Igo files)
The device will now boot straight into Igo after the initial splash screen.

Should work with any version of Igo, Amigo, or Primo

Couple of Chinese GPS units running Igo (of course)
Main device now HTC HD2 (Android) Igo, Sygic Aura, Co-pilot, Navigon and Google Navigation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
 Thanks given by: gramin , slobodan , bazzle01 , tiltman
17-04-2011, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 06:09 PM by NRT.)
RE: No need to unlock Navman (S30 example)
(17-04-2011 03:52 PM)corrsea Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.My friend had an old Navman S30 he wanted to install Igo on. It was actually a quite simple process.
First back up the contents of the flash disk to your computer in case anything goes wrong.
Inside this is a folder called Navman which in turn contains another folder called SmartST_CE and an application called AppStartupSec.exe
Delete the contents of SmartST_CE and replace them with the contents of the Igo folder ie content. licence, data zip etc ( In my case I used Igo 8.3.2.79297) ie the Igo folder is now called SmartST_CE. (or you could simply rename the Igo folder to SmartST_CE)
Delete all the rest of the Navman crap to free up space (You might want to do this first)

Does the backlight work (or is the screen a little dull)? Most of the unlockers run SmartST_CE.exe and then kill it which turns on the backlight before running a third party gps programme.
17-04-2011, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 08:37 PM by corrsea.)
Yes it was dull to start off with. I have been messing around in system text and have put in the following under power.

[power]
backlight_manage_values = 1
backlight_manage_keys = 1
backlight_max = 100
backlight_min = 0
backlight_reverse = 0
backlight_methods = 39
backlight_events = 1
battery_warning_limit=20
battery_warning_repetition=1
skip_resume_process=1
skip_suspend_process=1
powermgm_state="0"

Very effective and it has given me sliders for both the daytime and night levels.
Volume on the other hand is excellent straight out of the box.

I will post a full system text here in a few days.

Main device now HTC HD2 (Android) Igo, Sygic Aura, Co-pilot, Navigon and Google Navigation
 Thanks given by: geoff
19-04-2011, 08:40 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2011 06:09 AM by corrsea.)
I can also confirm that Primo 1.1 works as well. Same method as above and same system text for backlight. Just make sure you have a data zip with the correct resolution.(320x240)
I had to also strip it right down to avoid out of memory errors. Ie no Nuance TTS and no dem file ( although the Oceania dem should be alright.)
Works well and is much more finger friendly on the small screen, especially the keyboard.
Am about to try Amigo now.
Edit
Brightness is an issue in Amigo as the sys text changes don't appear to have any effect.

20-04-2011, 12:18 PM
I hacked a mates Navman S30 a while ago, and made a menu, i will find the files and up them soon
23-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Good idea to put together a menu. I've put together a very minimal one which I will post here this evening. Just enough on it to have a choice of launching either Igo 8 or Primo. It also means they can be stored on the SD card.
Just testing the device on the road today using Primo 1.1 (gave up on trying to get 1.2 to run)

23-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I have a Navman EZY 40 GPS which I have successfully modified to run Igo Primo and Oziexplorer using a menu. Did this by substituting the original SmartST_CE folder for a renamed menu folder called SmartST_CE .

This works well except I cannot use the original Navman Software.

Is there any way to get the original SmartST_CE.exe working apart from returning it to the original form?
24-04-2011, 06:59 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2011 08:01 AM by corrsea.)
It should be possible. I can't try it on the device I'm playing with as I have deleted all the Navman stuff because it was not working in the first place. Hence the reason for installing Igo :-) (If you need a reason LOL)
This is a guess but there should be 2 ways.
1. Copy the original SmartST_CE folder to your sd card
2. Create a new icon on your menu
3. Create a path to the SmartST_CE.exe in the config ini . It should look like this
NewIni = \storage card\SmartST_CE\SmartST_CE.exe

Hopefully this will launch the application

The second way I would try
1. Keep the original SmartST_CE folder where it is but rename it to something else like SmartST_CE(1) (anything will do)
2. Create a new icon on your menu
3. Create a path to the SmartST_CE.exe in the config ini . (This bit I'm not sure of but it should look something like this)
NewIni = ..\Program Files\Navman\SmartST_CE(1)\SmartST_CE.exe
(You might have to play with this path)

If you do get it to launch I would guess there will be no way to exit it to get back to the menu other than by rebooting.

As promised in my previous post, here's a little menu I adulterated for the S30.

Link
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Its a very stripped version of the Pez menu that used to be floating about on the net. I have left the file structure so its obvious where it goes.

Primo will need to be on the storage card in a folder called Primo and with the .exe named Primo.exe. Ditto for Igo8, ie. Igo8 and Igo8.exe

This is the system text I am using for both primo 1.1 and Igo. This helps with the out of memory problems in Primo, turns off autoshutdown which causes problems when used with a menu and keeps the backlight on.

[gps]
port="2"
baud="4800"

[folders]
has_secondary_root=0

[power]
backlight_manage_values = 1
backlight_manage_keys = 1
backlight_max = 100
backlight_min = 0
backlight_reverse = 0
backlight_methods = 39
backlight_events = 1
battery_warning_limit=20
battery_warning_repetition=1
powermgm_state="0"
power_off_mode=0
power_off_timeout=0

[interface]
show_zoombar=1
minzoom2D=40
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
shutdown_time=0

[debug]
skip_eula=1
enable_roadshadow=1
fov=40
show_oneway_3d=1
show_oneway=1
max_memory=60000000
reserve_memory=500000

[sound]
ding=0
queue_length=200

[map]
2dheadup=1
3d_max_tiltlevel=8250

3d_max_zoomlevel = 500
fake2d_max_zoomlevel = 3000
3d_zfar_horizon_ratio = 200
roadblockicon_maxzoom = 2000
3d_max_zfar = 500

[poi]
enable_pois_before_080217=1

03-05-2011, 02:19 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2011 11:26 PM by Jaz808.)
Here is the Menu i made for a mate more than a year ago,
The Menu itself was one of Xtyler92's unlock's, i just edited it a fair bit
Now i cant remember now if i had to unlock the S30 first or it unlocked from my files thats in the S30 Folder

If it does need unlocking then i would have used a older ver of this,

Here is the files, just put everything in the "Navman S30 Menu" folder into the root of a SD Card

The Date, Time and Battery dont look exactly like below, but the rest does

If you want to edit it to run your Nav Software, then you edit the Main.ini, Main2,ini ect which is in the "Skins" then "Main" folder
I have left heaps of icons in the "Icon" folder to play with

Example:

BITMAPBUTTON
x = 95
y = 55
Command = \Storage Card\iGO8\iGO8.exe ....(this is where iGO8 is and the correct name of the exe file)
BitmapNormal = ..\Icons\igo.bmp ....(this is the icon and where its located on the sd card)
BitmapPushed = ..\Icons\igo2.bmp ....(same as above but icon changes colour when you push it)

There is 3 different backgrounds, Time & Date, a Battery level, a audio player, a media player, a calculator ect ect
09-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Anyone tried my menu ?
08-06-2011, 10:38 PM
(17-04-2011 06:08 PM)NRT Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(17-04-2011 03:52 PM)corrsea Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.My friend had an old Navman S30 he wanted to install Igo on. It was actually a quite simple process.

Does the backlight work (or is the screen a little dull)? Most of the unlockers run SmartST_CE.exe and then kill it which turns on the backlight before running a third party gps programme.

Hi,

I have successfully changed IGO primo with this method on my friend's S30. The only problem is to Get GPS receiver back!!!

Primo (V1.1) keeps "Auto detecting GPS Receiver"

Any clues? What to Do?
08-06-2011, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 10:44 PM by NRT.)
Try this in sys.txt

[gps]
port="2"
baud="4800"
09-06-2011, 07:33 AM
You might also need to delete the save folder in primo

15-06-2011, 03:45 PM
(08-06-2011 10:44 PM)NRT Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Try this in sys.txt

[gps]
port="2"
baud="4800"

Thanks for your reply NRT,

but i have changed to port 1 & baud 56200 & it's working!!!
BTW,one more questions...

What if we DELETE [GPS] part from sys.txt...?(As recon by someone on some forum,cannot remember)...Can navman unit(S30 or S35) automatically get GPS signal by dafult setting(Port,BAUD)?

Did anybody tried??
15-06-2011, 05:21 PM
(15-06-2011 03:45 PM)upan275 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(08-06-2011 10:44 PM)NRT Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Try this in sys.txt

[gps]
port="2"
baud="4800"

Thanks for your reply NRT,

but i have changed to port 1 & baud 56200 & it's working!!!
BTW,one more questions...

What if we DELETE [GPS] part from sys.txt...?(As recon by someone on some forum,cannot remember)...Can navman unit(S30 or S35) automatically get GPS signal by dafult setting(Port,BAUD)?

Did anybody tried??

Yes you can delete it from the sys.txt. It might still read it from the system.ini file in SAVE.
You tell igo8 to search for port and baud and should find it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  what nav software for Navman S30 abbu60 55 547 Yesterday 07:53 AM
Last Post: nabi
  Trying to put iGO primo 2.4 onto Navman MY450LTM 91shorty 7 237 25-06-2014 05:47 PM
Last Post: nabi
  Navman s30 software skopedia 0 260 17-03-2014 05:47 PM
Last Post: skopedia
  NAVMAN F15 HELP andy37 3 566 15-08-2013 08:47 PM
Last Post: Fatboyfun
  Unlocked Navman S30 desktop Icone Size skopedia 0 506 12-04-2013 05:03 PM
Last Post: skopedia

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)