Current time: 18-09-2014, 10:39 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[-]
Please Read

The links to software on this site is for evaluation purposes only. You cannot sell or use this software for any financial gain, privately or commercially. We strongly suggest that if you like the software, buy it. This will ensure the companies provide a good quality sevice.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Autodetect GPS problem with Primo 1.2
01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Autodetect GPS problem with Primo 1.2
Hi,

For some reason could not post in the into the PRIMO V1.2 RELEASE thread because of errors at the end of the thread.

Hope someone can help.

Running Primo 1.2 on HP iPaq 212 128mb ram PDA with Holux M1000 blue tooth GPS. Runs all other GPs programs fine including Primo V1.1 but Primo V1.2 initially runs OK and finds the GPS signal but then keeps getting the "Autodetecting GPS" error and finally fails with a blue tooth port error. The sys.txt has the correct blue tooth gps port and baud rate specified.

As I mentioned Primo V1.1 works fine using the same sys.txt and blue tooth settings etc.

Any thoughts appreciated.

regards
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
RE: Autodetect GPS problem with Primo 1.2
I have had this same problem. What worked for me was to insert into my system.ini file the port and baud rates of my device - the following is copied direct from my system.ini file...

[gps]
baud="9600"
gpstime="1301907413"
last_gps_date="2011.04.04."
last_gps_time="09:44:42.000"
maximise_baud="0"
port="5"
set_messages="0"

This assumes you have access to your Primo files of course.... mine are on a SD card... and substitute port and baud values for your device too. This may or may not work for your set up...

Cheers, Phil
07-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your suggestion but in my case this didn't improve anything.

Just one question has your sys.txt also got the gps port and baud settings in it?

regards
01-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi Dazza64, I'm experiencing the same with my Primo. Did you find a fix? I wish I had v1.1 to try but my 2din radio came with Route66 that does exactly the same, even worst (just tells me that the GPS receiver couldn't be found" so the map won't load at all.
01-02-2012, 07:02 AM
I have the same problem on my PDA, Windows Mobile uses what's known as an intermediate driver, this means several applications can access the GPS hardware at the same time, Primo 1.2 and 2.0 doesn't seem to like this way of doing things...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Copy the folders and files into the corresponding folders on your device, add the sys.txt commands to your sys.txt and restart Primo

50/50 whether it fixes the problem, it doesn't on my Omnia II, but other users report success...

Credits to Yurbuh Tuggly for the package.
Find all posts by this user
12-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Same problem. Downloaded Primo1.2 9.2.0.192885 from here. All seems OK but will only show as in DEMO mode and will not detect the gps signal.
It's on a SD card running in a no name 7" Chino GPS. Every other programme works OK including Igo 8. Even removed Igo * incase there was some conflict. Tried the "fix" in Fatboyfun post, but no go. So stuff it, deleted it & will continue to use the older version. At least that works -- unless anyone else has any ideas why it's not picking up the signal.
Cheers
Gazza
13-02-2012, 12:59 AM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 01:06 AM by ulyssy.)
@ Gazza

One sure fix for me with that fairly common problem has been to insert into the "sys.txt" file the following:

[gps]
port=xx ; where xx is the GPS receivers com port number (do NOT use inverted commas around port number)
baud=yyyyy; where yyyyy is the data transmission baud rate (do NOT use inverted commas around baud rate number)

Don't know if it fixes your problem, but it's always worth a try.

If you don't know what the port number and baud rate are for your device, the easiest way is to run iGO8 (any version), on your device.

From map screen go to "Menu" >> "Settings" >> "GPS", un-tick "GPS Enabled" and click on "Autodetect". Wait until scan finished, go back into "GPS" and read the port and baud numbers. (Usually greyed out on second and third lines).

==Computers_comp26==

Confucius say:
Man seek advice in PM, deprive other of wisdom
Man not do backup, himself deprive of wisdom
13-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks Ulyssy,
Nah, that didn't work either, so I've resigned myself to the older version and will wait untill the next new one comes out and try that. Hopefully it'll have all that is needed to make it work next time. No big deal, just wanted to try it to see what's different, but quite happy with what I've got for now.
Cheers
Gazza
13-02-2012, 10:48 PM
(13-02-2012 10:24 PM)Gazza Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks Ulyssy,
Nah, that didn't work either, so I've resigned myself to the older version and will wait untill the next new one comes out and try that. Hopefully it'll have all that is needed to make it work next time. No big deal, just wanted to try it to see what's different, but quite happy with what I've got for now.
Cheers
Gazza

For me Primo needs no entries in sys txt . Try deleting the save folder and restart letting it find it own settings which can then be found in save folder/profiles /01/system.ini
Below is the first few lines from mine

[gps]
baud="57600"
gpstime="1327803394"
last_gps_date="2012.01.10."
last_gps_time="04:10:12.000"
port="1"
16-02-2012, 10:55 AM
(13-02-2012 10:48 PM)maccat Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(13-02-2012 10:24 PM)Gazza Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks Ulyssy,
Cheers
Gazza

For me Primo needs no entries in sys txt . Try deleting the save folder and restart letting it find it own settings which can then be found in save folder/profiles /01/system.ini
Below is the first few lines from mine

[gps]
baud="57600"
gpstime="1327803394"
last_gps_date="2012.01.10."
last_gps_time="04:10:12.000"
port="1"

make sure that the sys.txt entry is the same as the one in the save/folder/sys.ini or save folder/profiles/01/sys.ini

worked for me

BDECK (Bazzle)

"At the end of your days, be leaning forward - not falling backwards"
 Thanks given by: Mitrebin , pajmanqld
18-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Hey, got it working now. The baud setting in the system text was set at 56000. Reset it to 4800 after looking at the settings in Igo 8 that I know works and BINGO, picked up the sats. straight away. The settings on the download are way too high, even my Magellan eXplorist and Ozi explorer is only 4800.
All happy now, just configure it and go for a drive to see if I like it. Better be damn good after all the stuffing about. Good learning curve though.
Cheers all
18-02-2012, 08:56 AM
@Gazza,

4800 baud is the default port speed for GPS. Anything higher is something that depends on the handshaking between the GPS chip and the device's hardware. It is always worth starting at 4800 and working up to see if still works at each baud rate step. Some will work right up to 115200, however it is a bit of a lottery and whether it makes a lot of difference is open to debate.

Cheers, Ian

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic!
16-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi all
Now that I switched from Sygic to Primo iGo
I still experience a delay in GPS Signal hookup
to the Satellite. Sometimes 15mins and sometimes
1 hour. Even though Sygic baud was lowered
to 4800. Once signal established it's all working.
I could be out in the open under a clear blue sky.

Could this be an antenna issue?
16-02-2014, 09:56 AM
And stationary also!

If it ain't broke don't fix it!
Always back up your files/folders first.
16-02-2014, 11:50 AM
Yes when stationary or on the move. It to me seems
obvious that it's hardware related.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Primo 9.6.13.405512 nabi 24 1,458 13-09-2014 08:22 PM
Last Post: nabi
  Igo Primo 1.2 & 2 -autodetect GPS receiver sirzur 8 2,561 12-09-2014 10:27 PM
Last Post: sirzur
  Primo TTS Nuance Voices Jards88 32 16,743 09-09-2014 08:10 PM
Last Post: ulyssy
  Primo 9.6.5.270089 - Clarion titisoim 16 2,230 05-09-2014 02:20 PM
Last Post: bazzle01
  iGo Primo causing unit lag modafroman 65 1,667 05-09-2014 05:19 AM
Last Post: bazzle01

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)