Current time: 22-12-2014, 01:43 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[-]
Please Read

The links to software on this site is for evaluation purposes only. You cannot sell or use this software for any financial gain, privately or commercially. We strongly suggest that if you like the software, buy it. This will ensure the companies provide a good quality sevice.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4 Average
iGO primo™ - Simply Advanced GPS Navigation
06-09-2010, 03:36 PM
RE: iGO primo™ - Simply Advanced GPS Navigation
@ MADA728

Several things can cause what you have described.

Firstly, Primo, as it comes, only has data for 480x272 pixels screen resolution. It is unlikely that your 7" all in one has that. It would normally be either 480x234 or 800x480. You should be able to determine that either from the device specifications of from the data.zip file in the iGO8.

If it is 480x234, you could possibly get a display but it would be out of sync and/or clipped at the edges, and generally hard to read. With some units, you would get an error message before it even installs. This seems to be the likely cause here.

With 800x480 screen, you would normally get nothing except the error message.

Let's clarify that in the first instance, before we proceed.

==Computers_comp26==
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2010, 02:27 AM
coffre-fortreliant
Améliorez votre vie privée en ligne et limiter l'accès aux liens que vous partagez.

lien protégé Part / Sélectionner / Copie You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
état de la liaison En ligne Des liens directs Sélectionner / Copie You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Copyright 2010 · coffre-fortreliant Aider · Termes · API · Outils · Blog · Info ++
+
impossible de telecharger
07-10-2010, 08:00 PM
7" China all in one. 480 x 234 Igo Primo.
It loads up to where I can click on the lanquage.
I click, but it then hangs.

I wonder if anybody have any idea why?
And what I can do about it please.....
Smiley-signs028
07-10-2010, 10:52 PM
@ estimaster

Have you got the correct 480x234 "data.zip" in your system and what version of Primo are you using?

All versions of Primo come with only 480x272 "data zip" as standard, and modified data zips can be version dependent.

==Computers_comp26==
08-10-2010, 07:23 AM
thanks, I did download a version they said had the 480x234, but
maybe as you said the data file is wrong?
Where would I get the right data file? Can you supply me with a link please?
Anim_32
08-10-2010, 09:36 AM
@ estimaster

Open your "data.zip" file in winrar or similar and see if it has a "/ui_igo9/480_234/" folder.

==Computers_comp26==
13-11-2010, 08:01 AM
hi there,
im new to the site and have been trying to get this to work on my 2din Chinese player. i tried av_primo_mp "full vers no maps" and Nav Primo V1.1 Kudos to Nabi and Mobilism and replaced the data.zip file with the 480x234 data file. and when i put the micro sd card into the slot it says content error global_cfg not found and then goes back to the nav menu.

it runs windows CE 5.0 and the nav resolution is 480x234.

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks,
Nathan
13-11-2010, 08:58 AM
First make sure, you have no other folder with the name "igo" or "igo8" on your sd card.
In that case, add to sys.txt

[folders]
has_secondary_root=0

Also check if in the content folder is a folder called global_cfg, size 373056 byes
13-11-2010, 11:21 AM
primo is the only thing on the root of the card (besides the shell.ini that i made) there is a folder in the content folder called global_cfg but inside it is another zipped file named global_cfg. its 360kb does the contents of that zipped folder need to be in the 1st global_cfg folder? also the only things in my sys.txt file are these

[folders]
app="%sdmmc%/primo"

[gps]
port=2
baud=4800

[rawdisplay]
class="landscape"
screen_x=480
screen_y=234

thanks for your help!
19-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi Davedownunder.

You need to delete your save folder in Primo before you restart on your chinese 5" GPS, you also need the generic licence files from here as the Primo you have copied over from your other device has it's licence files... Anyone correct me If I'm wrong here.

Then try again.
19-11-2010, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2010 05:11 PM by ulyssy.)
@ davedownunder

You can also delete the items out of the "sys.txt", or the the "sys.txt" alltogether. Nine times out of ten, neither iGO8 nor Primo require it for normal operation, and use it only if you have specific requirements to enhance your system.

== Computers_comp26==

PS.. And as pano said, always delete the "save" folder before you re-start, after any changes to the system.
19-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I have Primo 1.1 running on my Chinese 5" gps with the new zealand maps
you could try downloading from my RS account where it is stored for backup
You would have to change maps and the reset to run from the Aussie map but might be worth trying
link is
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
21-11-2010, 09:39 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2010 10:35 AM by ulyssy.)
@ davedownunder

It's not a "save" FILE we're talking about, it's the "save" FOLDER, directly under "iGO....", which contains many other files and often also another folder.

==Computers_comp26==
21-11-2010, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2010 05:33 PM by ulyssy.)
@ davedownunder

In Primo where you only see "Country", click on the "Country" and then on the "Results" button at the bottom right corner, and select the state.

Regarding the "save" folder, it is created by iGO/Primo, the first time you successfully start the program. It holds the system settings that iGO8/Primo has detected and/or been told by instructions in "data.zip", "branding.zip" and "sys.txt" files to use. It's purpose is so that it does not have to determine or read the settings again at the following starts.

If you have a new installation, and you have started it successfully for the first time, that folder is always created.

If your first attempt to start is not succesfull, then depending at what stage it bombs out, and what information it has managed to gather up to that point, that folder may not be created.

The reason we always recommend to delete it, whenever you make changes to your system, is so that it would not attempt to start the system using redundant data and possibly negate your changes or even crash your system.

When you download a fully featured copy of iGO/Primo, which people have uploaded from their "working" systems or backups, there will always be a "save" folder, unless they have deleted it prior to upload (which I yet have to see happen). The problem then is that, in your device it may not properly install, because of different hardware and other device features, and as it attempts to use somebody elses settings which may or may not be compatible with yours.

==Computers_comp26==
21-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Glad to hear that my files were of some use, as has been suggested try deleting the contents of the Save folder and see if that helps
It should take you through a setup process when you reboot Primo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  English only Primo 2.4 chas521 19 1,444 Yesterday 10:32 AM
Last Post: chas521
  Grande Premiere: Primo 1.1 nabi 120 66,795 19-12-2014 12:21 AM
Last Post: chas521
  Running Primo in an integrated in-car navigation cheerful 2 102 17-12-2014 11:44 AM
Last Post: Fatboyfun
  iGo Primo causing unit lag modafroman 66 2,924 14-12-2014 10:14 AM
Last Post: dame_2010
  uniden igo50 running primo.exe 8.5.11 paceman007 4 188 04-12-2014 01:19 PM
Last Post: bazzle01

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)